BOOKING CONDITIONS Please read carefully the terms and conditions of contract. In completing and submitting the Booking Form, you agree to be bound by these conditions which constitute the agreement between you and Travel & Tour Hunters. No variation of these conditions will be effective unless in writing and signed by a person authorized by Travel & Tour Hunters.
1. General booking conditions: Once a booking is confirmed no name transfers are permitted, this will be considered as a cancellation.
The following charges will apply for amendments and other travel services:
Amendment to confirmed itinerary - $100.00 per person
Amendment within 30 days of departure - $150.00 per person
Reissue of airline tickets - $150.00 per person plus any fees incurred by the airline
Bookings of only 3 nights or less - $75.00 per person
Rail tickets & passes only - $50.00 per person
Qantas, Jetstar & Virgin Domestic tickets - $50.00 per ticket
International booking fee - $100.00 per person
Payments made by credit card have the following surcharges 2% for Visa and Mastercard and 3.08% for American Express. Late bookings made less than 30 days prior to departure from Australia will incur a late booking fee of $150.00 per person plus any applicable urgent visa processing fees. You will be required to pay a deposit at time of booking and all deposits are non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellations by you. Final payment is required no later than 6 weeks prior to departure unless otherwise stated. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
2. Cancellations: If you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify Travel & Tour Hunters in writing and will be subject to the following cancellation charges:
100% of the deposit paid
50% of total booking – before 90 days prior to departure
100% of total booking between 90 days and departure date Cancellation fees are also subject to the Terms and Conditions of any third party that has been engaged by Travel & Tour Hunters.
In the event of cancellation, any refunds will be less an administration fee of $100.00 per person including transfer fees & amendment fees. Regrettably cancellation charges and fees cannot be waived. There can be no exceptions. No refund will be made for any unused portions of the holiday after departure date. Please note that employees of any overseas company or staff of any tour operator overseas are not authorized to make any undertakings to clients in respect to refunds or any other matters. Travel & Tour Hunters reserves the right to cancel a tour prior to departure due to insufficient numbers or other unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, alternative guaranteed departure dates would be offered. Should these options not be acceptable, a full refund will be given less any visa costs.
3. Changes to your holiday: You acknowledge that travelling with Travel & Tour Hunters requires a degree of flexibility, good humour and an understanding that the itinerary, accommodation and/or modes of transport may change, even after the holiday commencement, without prior notice due to local circumstances. Changes that may occur include, but are not limited to, poor road and weather conditions, availability of tickets, vehicle breakdowns, changes in transport schedules or other circumstances beyond Travel & Tour Hunters control or which can simply not be foreseen.
Travel & Tour Hunters does not accept any responsibility for loss of enjoyment, delays or compensation resulting from circumstances beyond their control.
Where changes to your trip have been made after you final documentation has been received, we will where possible, advise you of any changes. We recommend that you contact the airline to confirm your scheduled departure time 24 hours prior to your flight.
4. Health Requirements: It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with any health requirements specific to the countries being visited. It is highly recommended that you visit a health care professional for advice regarding possible diseases in the region you’re travelling to and obtain the necessary vaccinations. Apart from the health risks, some vaccinations are so important that countries prohibit travel unless you prove your immunization; so always carry certificates from your doctor. It’s important to remember that many countries don’t provide free health care for tourists. Without appropriate travel insurance, a visit to a foreign hospital can be costly. It is your responsibility to advise Travel & Tour Hunters of any preexisting medical condition and/or disability that might increase the risk of requiring medical attention, or provide an assessment of your medical condition from a qualified medical practitioner if requested. The World Health Organisation provides health information for travelers. It is recommended that you check out www.smartraveller.gov.au for information. If you need to take medication overseas, you should check the medication is legal in the destination country. On occasions, you may need a letter from your doctor describing your medical condition and a detailed list of the medication required. In general the medication should be carried in its original packaging and clearly marked.
5. Travel Insurance: It is a condition of booking a tour with Travel & Tour Hunters that you are adequately insured for the entire duration of your travel arrangements. Your travel insurance should cover for illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. You must carry proof of insurance and produce if requested by Travel & Tour Hunters or associated suppliers. You must obtain a Financial Services Guide/Product Disclosure Statement relating to the travel insurance product you are considering purchasing and should read that document before making any decision about whether to acquire the product. We can provide you with general information about the travel insurance options available to you. In order for us to arrange your insurance, you must confirm that you have read and understand the applicable Financial Services Guide/ Product Disclosure Statement, and understand the limits of your cover and your duty of disclosure to the insurer. If you decline travel insurance, you may be required to sign a disclaimer. Travel & Tour Hunters reserves the right to cancel or suspend your participation in the tour or certain activities, even after the commencement of the tour, with no refund, if you are unable to provide proof of insurance when requested.
6. Passports: Passports and visas are an essential part of international travel. When assisting with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travelers on the booking have a valid Australian passport. If this is not the case, you must let us know. You must have a valid passport to show upon departure and arrival of your journey, with a minimum of six months validity beyond your return date to travel to all countries. If you lose your passport overseas, contact your embassy immediately so they can arrange a replacement for you, otherwise you won’t be able to leave a foreign country.
7. Visas: You are responsible for obtaining all necessary visas and fees are at an additional cost to all our packages. Non-Australian passport holders may incur additional fees. Depending on diplomatic reasons, some countries require you to obtain a visa in order to stay in the country. Even if you are just stopping over for a few hours, some countries will require you to have a visa if you wish to leave the airport. Some countries enable tourists to obtain a visa at the point of entry but still require a fee. In this case, you should ensure that you have the appropriate currency to pay the entry via fee. Responsibility for documentation accuracy, passport validity and dispatch of documents, rests with you. Travel & Tour Hunters accepts no responsibility for failure in this respect. If you need information regarding visa and other travel documentation for your trip please let us know. We can provide you with general information on visa and passport requirements that apply to international travel bookings you make with us. We can assist in obtaining appropriate visas, with a processing fee of $100.00 per passport, per visa. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility.
8. Prices and availability: All prices are based on costs and exchange rates applicable when the tour, airfare and taxes quote is prepared. Travel & Tour Hunters reserves the right to adjust prices before you have made full payment. We will do everything within our control not to adjust prices and will generally only amend prices in the event of marked fluctuations in exchange rates, fuel costs, airlines increasing the cost of airfares & taxes and other operating costs on which prices are based. All air arrangements are subject to availability at the time you pay your deposit. Please contact us for upto-date prices.
9. Travel Documents: Travel documents include (without limitation) airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date-changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. Travel documents cannot be transferred to another person to use. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/ photo identity holder. An incorrect name of a booking may result in the inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled. Please review your travel documentation carefully and advise us immediately of any errors in names, dates or timings. It is your responsibility to collect all travel documentation prior to travel. As a general rule your travel documents will be available 2 weeks prior to departure, however this will depend on your individual arrangements. Please contact us to confirm when your documents are ready to be collected.
10. Complaints: If you have a complaint about your trip, you must make it known at the earliest opportunity to the leader and/or Travel & Tour Hunters, who will normally be able to take appropriate action. If at the end of your trip you feel that your complaint has not been properly dealt with, you must notify us in writing within 30 days of the end of your trip.
11. Trip and assumption of risk: Travel & Tour Hunters organize trips in regions where standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, medical facilities and other infrastructure may, at times, not be of the standard you are used to at home. By booking with us, you acknowledge that participation in all trips involves inherent risks that may not be present in the case of conventional or less demanding holidays. When assessing whether trips will operate, Travel & Tour Hunters uses information from local suppliers with advice form the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It is your responsibility to accustom yourself with the travel advice provided by the government bodies as well as that of your country of residence before commencing your trip.We recommend that you review information provided by Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: www.dfat.gov.au or by calling 1300 555 135. Visit www.smartraveller.gov.au for general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alerts) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register your travel plans with DFAT, so that you may be more easily contacted in an emergency.
12. Exclusions from package price: The following items are not limited to or included in the package price unless otherwise advised: passport charges, extra meals, laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses or items of a personal nature, alcoholic beverages, emergency evacuation charges, excess baggage charges, travel insurance or tips. Tipping is different in each country, and where possible, tips will be included in the tour costs. If this is not possible, the approximate costs will be listed on your documentation for your information. These amounts will be paid to your tour leader at the start of the tour, usually in local currency
13. Responsibility: Travel & Tour Hunters acts as a co-ordinator for all persons taking their tours in the making of arrangements for transportation, sightseeing and accommodation. Travel & Tour Hunters does not own, manage, control or operate any transportation vehicle, hotel restaurant or any other supplier of services. All coupons, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier and all services are subject to the laws of the country where the services are provided. We exercise care in the selection of reputable service providers, but we are not ourselves a provider of travel services and have no control over, or liability for, the services provided by third parties. Any independent arrangements that you make that are not part of the trip (including pre or post accommodation) are entirely at your own risk and Travel & Tour Hunters cannot and does not give any assurance, representation or warranty in connection with any such arrangements. Travel & Tour Hunters acts only as an agent for the owners, contractors and suppliers of transportation and/or other related travel services provided and assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage to baggage or property or for any injury, illness or death or for any damages or claims however caused arising directly or indirectly from accidents, lose or damage to person or property, delays, transport failure, strikes, wars, terrorism and uprisings or acts of God etc over which Travel & Tour Hunters has no control. Your legal rights in connection with the provision of travel services are against the specific provider and, except to the extent a problem is caused by fault on our part, are not against us. Specifically, if for any reason (excluding fault on our part) and travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your rights are against the provider and not against us.
14. Privacy: In order to be able to supply a service to you, we will need to collect certain information from you, some of which may be of a personal nature. The information may be discussed or disclosed to, or collected on our behalf by our service providers to enable the services to be provided, but will not be used by them for any other purposes.